Tweet Drive spreads holiday cheer to underprivileged children by using social media to organize events that help to raise money and toys for charities in cities across the United States. Tweet Drive events are organized as “tweetups,” a term that was coined when event organizers started using Twitter to arrange happy hours or informal meet-ups.
This year, each city’s Tweet Drive will support a locally-based children’s charity by encouraging attendees to donate a toy at the event, while also encouraging attendees to purchase a $5 Blue Key to show support for children and refugees on a national level.
“Tweet Drive supports the Blue Key Campaign as another way to give back to children in need, particularly those who are in no position even to receive a gift during the holidays,” said Harrison Kratz, founder of Tweet Drive.
Tweet Drive attendees in cities across the United States will have the option to pre-order their very own $5 Blue Key to be picked up at their local Tweet Drive event. Anyone who can’t make it to a Tweet Drive event this holiday is still able to give back and show their support for children and refugees around the world, by getting a $5 Blue Key.
Tweet Drive Events:
- 12/8 San Francisco, 6:30-8:30pm: http://sftweetdrive.eventbrite.com/
- 12/12 Philadelphia, 7:00-9:00pm: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2548757402
- 12/13 Chicago, 5:30-8:30pm: http://smcholiday.eventbrite.com/
- 12/13 Boston, 6:00-9:00pm: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2550492592?mid=535
- 12/14 San Diego, 6:00-10:00pm: http://tweetdrivesd.eventbrite.com/
- 12/14 Detroit, 6:30-9:30pm: http://smcdholidayparty.eventbrite.com/
- 12/14 Jacksonville, 5:30-7:30pm: https://www.facebook.com/events/120449818069847/
- 12/15 Austin, 6:30-8:30pm: http://smcaustinhappyholidays.eventbrite.com/?ref=plancast
- 12/15 Washington DC, 6:00-8:00pm: http://dctweetdrive.eventbrite.com/
- 12/15 Houston, 7:00pm: http://houtweetdrive.eventbrite.com/
- 12/15 Baltimore, 7:00-9:00pm: http://bmoretweetdrive.eventbrite.com/
- 12/15 Frederick, MD, 4:00-6:00pm: http://tweetdrivefrederick.eventbrite.com/?mid=545
- 12/17 Santa Ana, CA, 6:00pm: https://octweetdrive2011.eventbrite.com/
- 12/19 New Jersey, 6:00- 8:00pm: http://njtweetdrive2011.eventbrite.com/
- 12/20 Atlanta, 6:30pm: http://www.smcatl.eventbrite.com
- 12/20 Indianapolis, 6:00-8:00pm: http://indytweetdrive.eventbrite.com/
- 12/21 Denver, 6:00-9:00pm: http://dentweetdrive.eventbrite.com/We will continue to update this list of Tweet Drive events as they become available.
In 2010, 25 participating cities raised $7,000 for children’s organizations and donated 2,000 toys via Tweet Drive. Over fifty Tweet Drive events will take place around the world in December 2011. To learn more about Tweet Drive or to volunteer for your local Tweet Drive, please visit TweetDrive.org.
Make sure to RSVP to the San Diego Event (http://tweetdriveSD.eventbrite.com) and Join us NEXT weds at 6pm at Bareback Bar and Grill downtown- great burgers and bitchin chicken sandwiches- plus Happy Hour Prices to all who bring an unwrapped, new toy as a donation!
Support the Local San Diegans in need with your toy as a donation! And have fun doing it! All donations are for Promises2Kids in San Diego
Follow the conversation on twitter #tweetdriveSD